Tour to the West of Madeira
Pickup includedIn front of your hotel reception.
- See Cabo Girão, the highest sea cliff in Europe
- Travel across the Encumeada Pass and the Plateau needle point between south and north
- Swim in natural volcanic pools at Porto Moniz
Then, the route descends to Ribeira Brava so you can visit old monuments including the church. Continue the drive through to Paul da Serra Madeira´s popular flat plateau at 1500m above sea level. Embrace the beautiful laurel forest views through Madeira´s little green Scotland. Arrive at Porto Moniz, natural volcanic pools, where it's time to take a break and have a swim.
The tour continues along the north coast where waterfalls are visible. Drive through the village of São Vicente where nature will escort you up to the Encumeada Pass, where the North meets the South at 1007 meters above sea level. At the end of your tour, you will return to your hotel.
- Guided tour
- Pick-up from hotels between Machico and Funchal
- Entrance fees to museums, public pools, WC
- Lunch, snacks and drinks
- Pick-up from hotels out of Funchal to West Ponta do Calheta - additional 15€ cost
- Pick-up from hotels in front of the cruise ships - additional 20€ cost
Prepare for the activity
• Bring swimwear to swim when the weather permits