Funchal: Dolphin and Whale Watching by Luxury Catamaran
- Sail to the world's second highest sea cliff at Cabo Girão
- Look for dolphins and whales in the waters surrounding Funchal
- Learn about Madeira's thriving ocean ecology from an expert crew
- Relax aboard a luxury catamaran with indoor and outdoor seating
- Enjoy a more intimate experience with fewer passengers than other whale watching tours
- Benefit from quick boarding and disembarkation procedures
Choose between the luxurious interior with comfortable seating and sun and wind protection, or the outdoor sun beds and trampoline nets. Then, sit back and relax as you sail out to sea and look back at the marina. Although sightings of the marine life cannot be guaranteed, dolphins and whales are often seen in the waters around Funchal.
Keep a look out as you cruise across the water while the crew is on hand to answer any questions about the variety of species you may encounter. Then, head to the towering cliffs of Cabo Girão, looming 1,902 feet (580 meters) above the sea. Drop anchor at Cabo Girão and take a dip in the inviting waters to explore the sea life below the surface with your complimentary goggles and snorkel mask.
Then, cruise at a leisurely pace back to Funchal Marina, sailing along the coastline for fantastic views of the landscapes of Madeira. Arrive back at Funchal Marina for the speedy disembarking process so that you can continue with your day unimpeded.
- 3-hour guided dolphin and whale watching tour
- Toilets aboard the luxury catamaran (ladies and gents)
- Swimming stop (summer tours)
- Snorkels and googles provided for free
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Bring sun screen
• Bring your swimming costume in the summer months
• Please note that the winter program runs from November 15 to April 15