From Edinburgh: Best of Scotland Small-Group Day Tour
- Visit the historic Dunkeld Cathedral and famous Blair Castle
- Behold the extraordinary views of the mountainous landscape
- Discover fascinating wildlife, including Highland cattle and red squirrels
- Admire the views at the Queen's View, a famous Highland viewpoint
- Meander through The Hermitage's stunning woodland to a glistening waterfall
Along the shimmering Loch Leven, the minicoach cuts through the fair city of Perth on its way to the gorgeous village of Dunkeld. Alight here to stroll the quaint narrow streets and visit the beautiful Dunkeld Cathedral. Dedicated to Saint Columba, visiting this significant, riverside church makes for a delightful morning.
Continue to Blair Castle, the renowned fortress that's 700-year history spanned the Jacobite rebellions, the disaster at Culloden, and the short-lived reign of Mary Queen of Scots. Here you'll learn about Queen Victoria's love of the region and her role in creating Europe's only legally-recognized private army – the Atholl Highlanders. The fascinating castle tour includes the surrounding gardens – the final resting place of “Bonnie” Dundee, one of Scotland's greatest heroes, as well as providing a habitat to highland cattle and red squirrels.
After lunch at the castle restaurant, a scenic drive leads to the battlefield of Killiecrankie Gorge. Now a famous beauty spot, it was here that “Bonnie” Dundee's Jacobite army utilised their Highland Charge strategy to inflict defeat upon the British Redcoats.
Then travel through some of the oldest inhabited areas of prehistoric Scotland on a beautiful drive amidst classic Highland Perthshire scenery. Here in the ‘Heart of Scotland’ there are wonderful photo opportunities as you travel though Tummel Bridge, traverse the mountain shoulder of Schiehallion, drive past Castle Menzies and cross the River Tay via the famous General Wade Bridge.
Following the River Tay, the tour passes the Aberfeldy Malt Distillery to finish at The Hermitage, where a riverside walk rounds off a wonderful day, passing one of Britain's tallest trees and a stunning waterfall teeming with salmon.
- Guided tour in English
- Transportation by comfortable Mercedes mini-coach
- Group tour (maximum 16 passengers)
- Live commentary on board
- Food and drinks
- Admission fees to Blair Castle and gardens: adult £9.50, under 17s £7.00
- Admission fees to gardens only: adult £6.00, under 17s £4.00
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities (optional)
- Children under 5 years
Prepare for the activity
• No refunds are offered if a customer is late for a tour or cannot find the pickup point