St. Andrews and the Kingdom of Fife Tour from Edinburgh
Pickup includedPick-up is provided from your hotel in Edinburgh city center. The local supplier tries to collect from the door to as many hotels and guest houses as possible. If this is not possible, then usually the nearest main road, or certainly a landmark within walking distance. If you are staying outside the city or coming from a private address a nearby pick up point can be arranged.
- Explore St. Andrews led by an expert guide
- See South Queensferry and the Forth Road Bridges
- Journey through the Neuk of Fife with a view of typical fishing villages
- Taste the best fish and chips in Scotland!
- Visit the royal and ancient golf course, castle, and cathedral, plus the famous university
From Edinburgh head to South Queensferry and take a look at 2 of the most remarkable bridges in the world–the Forth Rail Bridge built in 1890, and it’s much younger neighbor, the Forth Road bridge.
Cross the River Forth and stop-off at the magnificent Dunfermline Abbey, the burial place of King Robert the Bruce. See the gold ornate tomb, and learn about the effect of the reformation on the Abbey, when under Henry VIII’s rule churches were destroyed, supposedly in the name of God.
Travel along the Fife coast passing Carnegie Hall, the birthplace of world-famous philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. Stop-off at charming little fishing villages, including Anstruther, an old Herring stronghold. Try the best fish and chips in Scotland, or have a snack at the Fisheries Museum.
Continue on to St. Andrews, home of golf, religion, and the famous university. Here you will spend 2.5 hours. Explore the beautiful settings, in good weather the beach featuring in the movie Chariots of Fire is particularly popular, as are the 16th Century tunnels under the castle.
Golf lovers may want to pay respects at the grave of Tom Morris, visit the Golf Museum, try out the Links Course Putting Green, or simply walk along Granny Clark’s Wynd–a public right-of-way running over the old course.
- Expert English-speaking guide
- Written guides are available in other languages
- Children under 8 years
Prepare for the activity
• It is not guaranteed that you will be dropped off in the exact location you were picked-up. Your driver will discuss this with you
• Children must be aged 5 years and over
• Please note, this tour has a 6 passenger minimum requirement and is subject to cancellation if this minimum is not met. In the unlikely event of such a cancelation, you will be given a choice of: a refund, a reschedule or an alternative tour