From Edinburgh: Islay and The Whisky Coast 4-Day Tour
- Drive through the stunning Loch Lomond National Park
- Visit the ancient Kilmartin standing stones
- Stay in the charming village of Bowmore
- Tour the Islay distilleries
- Discover the sandy beaches of Islay’s west coast
- Explore Oban, the Gateway to the Isles
- See the distinctive white buildings at Inveraray
Discover everything Islay has to offer, from stunning sandy beaches to fascinating wildlife and a vibrant local culture. And try the famous Islay whiskies, renowned for their strong peaty flavors and nurtured by the salty sea air.
On day 1 you’ll travel through Loch Lomond National Park, with visits to Inveraray, Loch Fyne and the Kingdom of Dalriada. Here you can see the Kilmartin standing stones and community museum before catching the ferry to Islay for 3 nights in Bowmore.
Day 2 gives you the flexibility to visit the lovely sandy bays of Islay’s west coast, Saligo Bay, Kilchoman Distillery, Machair Bay, the tiny harbor village of Portnahaven, Bruichladdich Distillery and the Islay Museum.
On day 3 you’ll explore the south side of Islay followed by a tour, tasting and lunch with local produce at Ardbeg. Other options include the ruins of Kildalton church or a visit to the community craft producers at Islay House Square and the woodlands along the River Sorn.
On day 4 you’ll take the ferry back to Argyll and the ancient Kingdom of Dalriada. Lunch will be at Kilmartin, home to 350 pre-historic monuments and stone circles, with some free time in Oban before returning to Edinburgh via Glasgow.
- Transportation by Mercedes mini coach with a maximum of 16 passengers per tour
- Services of a professional Rabbie's driver/guide
- All ferry and bridge crossings
- 3 nights en-suite accommodation
- All meals and refreshments
- Entrance fees to all distilleries and visitor attractions
Prepare for the activity
• Please bring suitable clothing and footwear to enjoy time off the bus and opportunities for nature walks.
• Minimum age to participate is 18.
• On Monday departures, days 1 and 4 will be reversed
• Monday departures offer the chance to see more whisky production as all the distilleries are in operation on weekdays.
• You're restricted to 14kg (31lbs) of luggage per person. This should be similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55x45x25cm/22x17x10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items.