Highland Lochs, Glens, and Whisky Tour from Edinburgh
- Go to Dunkeld and see the waterfalls of the Hermitage
- See Britain's tallest tree
- Tour the Highland village of Pitlochry
- Stop at The Queen's View at Loch Tummel
- Taste a wee dram of Scotland's national drink at Dewar's World of Whisky
- See stunning Loch Tay
- Drive through Killin and the Falls of Dochart
- Explore Rob Roy Country
Cross the Forth Road Bridge, passing one of Scotland's great engineering wonders, and continue into the Kingdom of Fife. Pass Loch Leven Castle, where Mary Queen of Scots was imprisoned.
You will also pass Perth, before crossing the Highland Boundary Fault line. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, on the banks of the River Tay, visit the cathedral town of Dunkeld and the Hermitage, to take a fantastic woodland walk up to the Black Linn Falls.
Stop at the Victorian resort town of Pitlochry, and visit the great shops and restaurants, or take a stroll down towards Loch Faskally. See the unmistakable peak of Schiehallion, and beyond to the mountains of Glencoe. Continue alongside Loch Tummel, and head past the spectacular 16th-Century Castle Menzies towards the town of Aberfeldy and Dewars Whisky Distillery.
Then, travel west into the ancient lands of Breadalbane and Killin. The small town is situated on the edge of the River Dochart and has the fantastic Falls of Dochart at its heart. Drive over the Braes of Balquhidder, last resting place of Highland outlaw Rob Roy MacGregor, before passing Stirling Castle and Linlithgow Palace on your return journey to Edinburgh.
- Entry fee to Dewars World of Whisky
Prepare for the activity
Rabbie's Cafe, 6 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh, EH1 3EG From September 2 – September 12, 2019 (inclusive), tours will depart from St. Andrew's and St George's West Church, 13 George Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2PA.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items