Edinburgh: Old Town History and Tales Walking Tour
- Explore Edinburgh's historic Old Town
- Discover the stories that helped to shape a nation
- Walk the stunning winding streets and experience this UNESCO World Heritage Site
Covering everything from history to religion and folklore, this walking tour is an original tour of Edinburgh’s medieval Old Town. Your talented and entertaining guide will walk you through the streets and alleys of "Auld Reekie", while enthralling you with with its history, folklore, and tales!
You will learn about the secrets Edinburgh is hiding and experience the incredible stories it has to tell, as your guide leads you through the city's long history. Topics included in the tour include Edinburgh's Mercat Cross, St. Giles Cathedral, the Scottish Enlightenment, Greyfriars Bobby, the Grassmarket, Harry Potter's inspirations, and many more.
Your tour will finish in the heart of Edinburgh, surrounded by several bars, restaurants, cafe's, and great transport links.
- Professional guide
- Food and drinks
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
This tour meets at 192 High Street, Edinburgh, EH1 1RW. Outside the Caffe Nero, by the statue of Adam Smith. Your guide will be there holding a large green and white umbrella, so we should be easy to spot.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Please note that children aged 15 and under will not be able to join the tour unless accompanied by a responsible adult