Alnwick Castle and Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh
- Visit Alnwick Castle, setting of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
- Take in the beautiful scenery along the Scottish Borders coast
- Enjoy the impressive views of Bamburgh Castle
But it’s Alnwick Castle that’s the main destination of the day. It’s been a key filming location for Harry Potter and Downton Abbey and is a historic location in its own right.
You’ll leave Edinburgh at 08:15 in the morning and head east to the Scottish Borders. Along the way, you’ll have views of gently rolling hills and dramatic coastlines. The first stop is the beautiful coastal town Bamburgh. Take a stroll to the stunning beach and view the dramatic 5th-century Bamburgh Castle sitting on a natural throne of volcanic dolerite.
In the afternoon you’ll visit Alnwick Castle. Admire the large stately rooms and the stunning architecture or learn a little about all the popular films and TV shows that have been filmed at the site, including Harry Potter.
After spending time in Alnwick, you will make your way back over the border and in to Scotland. The final stop is the border town of Coldstream that lies on the north side of the River Tweed. Hear about the turbulent past of this charming town before your journey ends in Edinburgh in the early evening.
- Hire of audio guide MP3 player (subject to availability) including earphones
- Optional entry to Alnwick Castle and Alnwick Gardens
- Children under 5 years