Edinburgh: 20-Mile Cycling Loop Tour
- Cycle on the Victorian canal network of the Union Canal, which links Edinburgh to Glasgow
- Explore the famous and beautiful Dean Village
- Enjoy a refreshment in the Port of Leith
- Stand in awe within Holyrood Park, where the extinct volcano Arthur's Seat sits
You soon drop down to the Water of Leith and onto Dean Village. From there, continue your route to the Port of Leith for refreshments. Portobello Beach is a long promenade with an uninterrupted cycle path.
Later, you complete your circle by going through the Innocent Tunnel and back to the Meadows. This is a 20-mile round-trip, throughout which you are invited to take it slow to ensure you have enough time to take photos and observe your surroundings.
- Bikes, helmets, and gloves for up to 8 people
- Food and drinks
- Children under 5 years
- People who can't ride a bike
Prepare for the activity
- Inappropriate clothing
• Edinburgh is built on 7 hills, so there are some short inclines throughout the tour, but nothing too taxing
• All bikes have gears and you will go through how to use them to your advantage before you set off