Edinburgh: Underground Vaults & Graveyard Evening Tour
- Explore the Blair Street Underground Vaults and the Canongate graveyard
- Hear of infamous murderers and cursed souls
- Delve into the terror of Edinburgh’s past
It might be something to do with the change in temperature. Or the perpetual darkness. Or the ever smaller rooms, stretching beyond the weak beam of a torch. Whatever the reason, there’s something unsettling about the Blair Street Underground Vaults – and your expert guide will reveal the troubling tales on this evening walking tour.
Cannibals. Body snatchers. Deals with the Devil. And that’s before you even head underground.
Torture. Murder. Hangings. And that’s just what went on in the vaults.
A walk along dim streets to the Canongate graveyard will bring you to the resting place of the city’s most famous figures: Adam Smith, the father of economics; David Rizzio, the lover of Mary Queen of Scots; and James Douglas, 3rd Marquess of Queensberry – the infamous cannibal of the Canongate.
- Live guide
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Mercat Cross, High St, Edinburgh EH1 1RF. Please arrive here 15 minutes before the start of your tour. Look for the 8-sided monument with white Unicorn on top. You will find a member of our Visitor Services Team waiting here to check you in.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Luggage or large bags
• Please arrive at the Mercat Cross on The Royal Mile 15 minutes before the start of your tour and check in with the local partner's on-street Visitor Services Team
• You must be at least 18 years-old to enjoy this tour