Kayak and Bike Tour in the Elaphite Islands From Dubrovnik
- Visit the charming Lopud and Sipan islands
- Experience a taste of life on the small Dalmatian Island of Sipan, off the beaten track
- Sea kayak and swim in the crystal-clear waters of the Adriatic Sea
- Bike through orchards, fields, and olive groves
As the highlights mention, midway through you trade your paddles for pedals and explore Sipan island, if not the most popular, then the most beautiful one in the Elaphite Archipelago. A traditional fishing island, with just two villages, one road and a bus line (yes, there is a bus connecting the two) although they are only 5km (3miles) apart.
Before hopping on the saddle, you will discuss equipment and routes, which are customizable to cater to different physical abilities and bike across the middle part of the island which is mostly flat with old olive growths, vineyards, stone villas and wild fig trees (a perfect dessert for late August, as they can be picked freely while biking past them).
One special stop that you will make is at St. Spirit fort-church, built in the 14th Century as a defense against Turks. You can climb up the steps onto a flat roof and see the whole of Sipan island from there. In the village of Sipanska Luka on the island’s north end, you will stop for a delicious lunch of local delicacies at one of the region’s best kept restaurant secrets. After dessert, you relax with a swim in the Adriatic before heading back the way you came. The trip ends that evening with ferry ride back to Dubrovnik.
- Ferry tickets
- Top-end sea kayaking equipment,
- Watertight bags for personal belongings
- Masks and snorkels
- Water shoes
- Professional English-speaking guiding and instructions
- Lunch (but there is a lunch break built-in, guides will recommend great local restaurants where the whole group usually eats together)
Prepare for the activity
Meet in front of the “Travel Corner” - tourist information center in Gruz harbor - Dubrovnik's main commercial port. Address is: Ulica Stjepana Radića 40, 20000 Dubrovnik. Please note this tour is in no way connected to the “Travel Corner”, it simply uses their location as a good landmark so you can find it easily. The meeting spot is on the public surface in front of their entrance. The team member will be wearing a colorful T-shirt.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• No previous experience needed
• In case of a bad weather, tour will be rescheduled or your money refunded