Budapest: Essentials of Hungarian Wine Tasting Class
- Take a 2-hour guided tasting with a sommelier
- Engage in a crash course in Hungarian wine regions, history, varietals, characteristics, and styles
- Sample a curated selection of fine, carefully-chosen Hungarian wines, mostly from small producers
- Indulge in food pairings consisting of local Hungarian delicacies
Over 2 hours you will get a good overview of Hungarian wine, including the history, the major regions, the important varietals, unique characteristics and styles, and promising trends. The wine is bought directly from the producers, who your guides have gotten to know well over the years. Every wine you will taste during the course of the tasting will be there for a reason, and by the session’s end you will have a good understanding of Hungary’s place in the world of wine, and plenty of good wine in your belly.
This tasting is designed for anyone with an interest in wine, who would like to know more about the relatively unknown wines of Hungary. There will be a total of eight wines, beginning with an aperitif, followed by reds and whites (and perhaps a rosé), and ending with a sweet botrytised Tokaj aszú wine.
- Guided tasting led by a sommelier
- 8 wines, mineral water, and food pairings consisting of local Hungarian flavors
- Tasting sheets so you can take notes, with a map of the Hungarian wine regions
- Gratuities (optional)
Prepare for the activity
The Tasting Table Budapest Bródy Sándor utca 9, 1088 Budapest (District VIII) Just 150 meters from the National Museum, the shop/tasting room is a 5-minute walk from both Astoria (M2) and Kálvin tér (M3). Trams 47 and 49 also stop at Astoria and Kálvin tér.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Confirmation will be received at the time of booking
• The legal drinking age is 18 in Hungary, so anyone aged 18 and above is welcome to participate
• Minimum numbers of 2 apply, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough guests to meet requirements (in the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund)