Bruny Island Wilderness Cruise
Best Water Adventures
2019 GetYourGuide Award Winner
Recognizing the best experiences for travelers worldwide. Learn more
- Cruise past some of the highest sea cliffs in Australia
- See the abundance of wildlife, including seals, migrating whales and birds
- Enjoy some free time to explore Bruny Island after the cruise
On this 3-hour activity you’ll search for wildlife such as seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds with an interpretive guide. At the Friars, you'll drift quietly past rare nesting seabirds and a large haul-out home to thousands of seals.
The custom-built yellow boats feature open-air tiered seating providing excellent all-round views. After the cruise, you'll have time to explore Bruny Island.
- 3-hour wilderness cruise
- Wet weather jacket
- Return guided bus tour from Hobart (if option is selected)
- Pick-up and drop off
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
• Be sure to arrive at the ferry terminal 30 minutes prior to the ferry departure. The ferry crossing takes 20 minutes and once you're on Bruny Island, Adventure Bay is a 35-minute drive south