Moreton Island Day Trip with Snorkelling and Dolphin Feeding
- Experience hand feeding wild bottle nose dolphins
- Go on a snorkelling tour to the Tangalooma Wrecks
- Relax and enjoy full access to Tangalooma Island Resort including pools, restaurants and bars
Included in your day trip is a snorkelling tour. The snorkelling experience takes you to one of Australia's best snorkelling locations, The Wrecks, which is home to a large variety of reef fish, coral formations and marine life.
Learn about dolphin marine life with the optional 'Discover the World of Dolphins' presentation at the Eco Centre at 3:15pm. Watch this informative demonstration, or simply explore the island at your leisure until sunset. Then, make your way to the jetty for the wild dolphin feeding program. Witness a majestic pod of dolphins visiting the shallow shore, and see them play together until it’s time to be fed. Follow an expert into the shallow water and hand feed fish to a wild bottlenose dolphin. You will be assisted by the Dolphin Care Team, consisting of Eco Rangers and dedicated staff who operate under strict guidelines to ensure the protection of the dolphins.
At approximately 7:00pm, leave the island and travel back to Brisbane, arriving at 8:15pm.
- Return boat transfers from Brisbane
- Day pass access to Tangalooma Island Resort with full use of resort facilities including pools, restaurants, bars and day lounge
- 1 standard beverage on the boat transfer (soft drink, tea, coffee or water)
- Lunch voucher of $20 per adult or $15 per child
- Snorkelling Tour
- Eco Ranger experiences and dolphin presentation at the Eco Centre
- Access to the dolphin feeding program for the wild dolphin feeding experience
- Dolphin feeding photo (digital copy)
- Additional snacks, drinks and beverages
- Children under 6 years
Prepare for the activity
- Sun hat
• Wear something you do not mind getting wet for the dolphin feeding experience
• If you do not want to get wet, waterproof waders can be rented from The Eco Centre
• The dolphin feeding experience is dependent on dolphin attendance, tides and weather conditions. The dolphins are wild, therefore arrival is not guaranteed, though there is a 98% chance of arrival
• Tour return time varies throughout the year according to sunset times. Tour departs Moreton Island at approximately 7pm in Winter, 7:30pm in Autumn and Spring, and 8:00pm in Summer. Tour returns back to Brisbane approximately 75 minutes later
• Some activities and tours are physically demanding and may pose a health or safety risk. For your safety you must disclose if you are suffering from any injury, medical conditions, or are pregnant