Moreton Island Day Trip with Desert Safari or Marine Cruise
- Cruise to Moreton Island by boat
- Relax and enjoy full access to Tangalooma Island Resort including pools, restaurants and bars
- Learn from a passionate and dedicated team of Eco Rangers about conservation and wildlife protection
Arrive at beautiful Moreton Island after a 75-minute boat journey. If you have selected the desert safari tour, you’ll travel by 4WD vehicle to the Tangalooma Desert. With this thrilling and bumpy 4WD bus tour - getting there is half the fun. Get a look at the real Moreton Island, the world's third largest sand island. You can choose to participate in the exhilarating sport of Moreton Island sand tobogganing, reaching speeds of up to 40km per hour. Perfect for everyone from beginners to thrill-seekers as you can choose your own pace.
If you have chosen the marine discovery cruise, you’ll journey along the coastline in search of dolphins, dugongs, green sea turtles, sea cucumbers, rays and more. The purpose-built discovery boat provides unobstructed views of Moreton Bay’s intriguing marine life. Enjoy full eco commentary, provided to explain the habitats and behaviors of the local marine creatures.
Throughout the day, you’ll also have a full access to the resort facilities including pools, restaurants and bars. Then, head back to the wharf to depart for Brisbane at 4:00 PM. After the 75-minute return journey, you will arrive back in Brisbane at 5:15 PM.
- Return boat transfers from Brisbane
- Day pass access to Tangalooma Island Resort with full use of resort facilities including pools, restaurants and bars
- 1 standard beverage on the boat transfer (soft drink, tea, coffee or water)
- Lunch voucher of $20 per adult or $15 per child
- Choice of desert safari tour or marine discovery cruise
- Eco Ranger experiences
- Discover the World of Dolphins’ presentation at the Eco Center
- Additional snacks, drinks and beverages