East Berlin Unvarnished Bike Tour
- Enjoy a friendly atmosphere on a small group tour with a maximum of 15 participants
- Discover typical East Berlin far away from the trendy neighborhoods of Mitte and Prenzlauer Berg
- Learn firsthand about the history and everyday life in the GDR
- See a large socialist monument, the training ground for GDR athletes, the Stasi prison, and the GDR boulevard Karl-Marx-Allee
- Enjoy a lunch break in the GDR atmosphere
Ride along the GDR boulevard Karl-Marx-Allee, past industrial wastelands and prefabricated buildings. Even though the Hohenschönhausen Stasi prison and the Stasi headquarters have long been disused, the buildings are still reminiscent of the old police state, in which one could be imprisoned for harmless transgressions. Along the route you’ll also see the training ground for successful GDR athletes as well as a large socialist monument. The tour guide will provide insight into life in the GDR through personal stories and experiences from former East Berlin.
You’ll cover approximately 23 kilometers on this 6-hour bike tour. Fittingly for the tour, you’ll also enjoy a lunch break in the GDR atmosphere. You’ll ride at a comfortable pace and have plenty of time to take photos and ask questions.
- Bicycle rental
- Bicycle helmet and gloves
- Rain ponchos
- Sunscreen and trouser clips
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Tours start at the Kulturbrauerei in Prenzlauer Berg (Hof 4, Knaackstr. 97, 10435 Berlin). The nearest metro station, Eberswalder Straße, is just 3 stops from Alexanderplatz. The best entrance to the Kulturbrauerei is at Knaackstraße 97, near the intersection with Danziger Straße. Follow the yellow signs "Berlin on Bike".Open in Google Maps ⟶