Salvador Dalí Small Group Full-Day Tour from Barcelona
- Visit Cadaques, the fishing village that inspired Dali's art
- Explore the surreal Dali Museum at Figueres
- Tour the hidden bays and inlets of the wild Costa Brava
- Take a privileged tour of Dalí's private home in Port Lligat
- End the day in Platja de Castel, one of the area’s most beautiful beaches
You’ll head from Barcelona to Figueres, where you’ll visit Dalí’s birthplace and the extraordinary museum dedicated to his work. Dalí wanted visitors to see his massive collection as a “whole,” so there are no catalogues and the work is not displayed in any organized manner.
The tour continues to the beautiful coastal village of Cadaqués, famous for its whitewashed Mediterranean houses and narrow streets. With its charming bay, it is one of the most picturesque villages on the Costa Brava. What is particularly stunning is the dramatic scenery on the drive there!
For lunch, you can enjoy local seafood specialties at one of the numerous terraces, or grab a sandwich and relax on the beach. You’ll soon understand why Cadaqués inspired Dalí and so many other artists.
You’ll travel up the coast to the smaller village of Port Lligat, where Dalí sought the peace and quiet that truly inspired him. Finally, the tour moves on to Cap de Creus, the most easterly point of mainland Spain and one of the most starkly beautiful coastal landscapes in the whole of the country.
The winter schedule (15 September-30 June) starts with a drive to Figueres, where you will spend the morning exploring the Dalí Museum. During the summer, crowds of tourists can hinder the drive to Cadaques so instead of visiting Dalí's house you’ll see the castle in Pubol that he gave to his wife.
The summer schedule (July 1 – August 31) leaves Figueres for Pubol Castle, once the home of Dalí and his wife Gala, located in the village of the same name. Visit the Gala Dalí House-Museum in the castle, and after lunch (own expense), venture to one of the many beautiful beach side towns that dot the Costa Brava coastline.
- Transportation by luxury air-conditioned mini-coach
- Entrance to Dalí Museum in Figueres
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Barcelona guide book
- Lunch and refreshments
- Entrance to Dalí Museum in Portlligat
Prepare for the activity
The tour departure point is directly opposite the outdoor café of the famous Palau de la Musica, which is just off Via Laietana. The exact office address is Calle Palau de la Musica 1, 08011.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• The Platja de Castel beach is only available during Summer
• From July 1 to August 31 there will be a visit to Castell de Gala in Púbol
• Lunch is not included, but the tour will stop at places where you’ll find a range of lunch options to suit all budgets
• Please wear comfortable clothing and footwear suitable for the weather. It is recommended to bring sun protection
• During the summer months, please remember to bring suitable beach and swim wear