Barcelona: Sagrada Familia Guided Tour with Tower Access
- Explore one of the world’s most iconic monuments with a specialist guide
- Enjoy access to one of the towers and see Gaudi´s work behind the scenes
- Learn about Gaudi’s symbolism and the Christian iconography
On this tour you’ll admire the artwork of Gaudi. Striking for its architectural features and art, the Sagrada Familia is legendary. It was the all-consuming obsession of the modernist architect, Antoni Gaudi. His work on the building began in 1882 and remains unfinished.
During the tour your guide will point out the contrasting nativity and passion façades. You’ll also learn about the symbolism and representations of the Holy Family as an expression of Christian ideology, constructed in stone.
Note the Christian iconography as you hear about the history of the church. See the angled pillars sprouting like a web of tree branches, holding up the roof.
Below the ground is the Museu Gaudi, where you’ll find documentation about Gaudi’s life and work. There is also a crypt where masses are held, and a viewing platform above the burial site of the architect.
- Fast-track admission ticket
- Tour with an expert guide
- Access to one of the Towers of the Sagrada Familia
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Optional tips
- Children under 6 years
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Quiosc Bar on Plaza de Gaudí (08013 Barcelona, Spain), accessible via on Carrer de la Marina, on the other side of the street in front of Sagrada Familia Botiga. Closest Metro station is Sagrada Familia — exit Carrer de la Marina. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior your departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
• This is a bilingual tour in English and Spanish
• The tower may be closed in weather conditions such as rain or wind
• To go up the tower, you will use an elevator but to go down, you will need to use the stairs
• You will have access only to one tower. The monument decides which tower will be open to visiting depending on the day and the construction works
• The guided tour takes 90 minutes, then you can go up the tower on your own, which takes around 30 minutes
• Please note, Sagrada Familia regulations state that children under the age of 11 will not receive a headset to listen to the guide