Barcelona: Old Town and Gothic Quarter Walking Tour
- Explore the oldest part of Barcelona in the city’s Gothic Quarter
- Walk along La Rambla and see its flower stalls, entertainers, and eateries
- Shop at La Boqueria where over 300 stalls offer a variety of local and exotic products
- Soak up the atmosphere of El Born, a village within a city
On this 2-hour guided tour you’ll continue with a walk along one of the world's best preserved Roman walls, and hear about the Roman baths of Pati Llimona.
Admire the architecture and monumental buildings of the Gothic Quarter and feel as if you’ve traveled back to medieval times. You’re sure to be impressed by the monumental Plaça del Rei with its Palace of the Viceroy and the beautiful Palau Reial. It was here that Catholic monarchs greeted the navigator Christopher Columbus on his return from the first voyage to the Americas.
See the Barcelona Cathedral and Santa Maria del Mar, the ultimate examples of pure Catalan Gothic. Santa Maria del Mar was built in an incredibly short time for its size. This neighborhood is also filled with trendy bars, restaurants, and small boutiques, and provides the opportunity to experience the essence of Barcelona.
Walking along the famous Ramblas, you’ll discover why Barcelona is so beloved by visitors. This is a buzzing pedestrianized area where you can enjoy the street performers, small cafes, and traditional Catalan cuisine. You’ll see the famous Boqueria market, as well, where you can experience the gastronomic traditions of the Catalan people in its colorful stalls.
- 3-hour tour
- English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Any personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
• Children under 2 years old can join the tour for free
• Children must be accompanied by an adult