Barcelona: Fast Track Sagrada Familia & Sant Pau Art Nouveau
- Explore the unique work of Sagrada Família for its high and decorated towers and its geometrical shape, a loved masterpiece by visitors
- See how the stained glass windows allow the sunlight to shine inside the temple creating magic and vivid color schemes
- Admire the building’s lovely exteriors of Sant Pau Art Nouveau Site
On a visit to the Art Nouveau site, you’ll be able to appreciate the foremost work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, one of the most important architects of modernism, Catalan Art Nouveau, and the product of one of the most outstanding rehabilitation processes of recent years. The exhibition space in the Sant Salvador Pavilion will take you on a journey through the history of medicine in Barcelona and one of Europe’s oldest healthcare institutions: from the first unified hospital in the city’s Raval district in 1401, La Santa Creu, to the 21st-century. Display cases with medical materials and architectural elements, information panels, models and screens present part of the institution’s heritage collection. The upper floor of the building concentrates particularly on the figure and work of Lluís Domènech i Montaner, exploring the three main aspects of this genius of modernism- the scholar, the architect and the ideologue. There is also a space for consultation where you can find out more about the institution thanks to an interactive table, books, publications and digitalized historic documents from the Archive of the Hospital de la Santa Creu i Sant Pau.
Sant Salvador Pavilion marks the start of a recommended route around the outdoor spaces of the Art Nouveau site that reproduce the garden city model designed in the early 20th-century. As you stroll, admire the building’s lovely exteriors such as the domes, roofs, façades, sculptures and stained-glass windows which are the most outstanding elements. You can also enter the Sant Rafael Pavilion and see its interior exactly as it was designed at the start of the 20th-century. Moreover, you can take the underground tunnels communicating the various buildings and visit the most representative heritage spaces of the Administration Pavilion. The recommended route may vary according to the use being made of the spaces.
- Official monolingual or bilingual guide
- Entrance and guided visit to Sagrada Familia and Sant Pau Art Nouveau
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Prepare for the activity
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• Please be aware that the tour includes a walking tour, you are advised to wear comfortable clothes and shoes and come prepared for some walking