Montserrat & Cava Wineries Day Trip from Barcelona w/ Pickup
Pickup includedFrom your accommodation in Barcelona. Pickup starts at 8:30 AM. Please check your inbox for exact pickup time.
- Experience the mystical landscape of Montserrat National Park
- See the icon of the "Black Madonna" at the "Holy Grotto"
- Benefit from the chance to listen to one of Europe's oldest children's choirs
- Descend into atmospheric wine cellars and taste 3 different cavas paired with local tapas
- Learn how cava is produced according to traditional methods
- Tour in a small group of 8 guests with hotel pickup and drop-off included
Marvel at the monastery and its surrounding scenery on a curious-shaped rock that rises 2,380 feet above sea level. Go inside the monastery to see its main attractions, including the Romanesque icon of the "Black Madonna" thought to date back to the 12th century. Get unparalleled views of the magical landscape, declared a national park in 1987.
Next, visit the Santa Cova ("Holy Grotto") where, according to legend, the virgin appeared before some shepherd children in a vision. Benefit from the chance to hear the angelic voices of La Escolania de Montserrat (Montserrat’s Boys’ Choir ), one of the oldest children's choirs in Europe (subject to seasonal availability).
Then, head to Sant Sadurní d'Anoia in the heart of Catalonia's cava wine producing region and visit Premium Cava Winery, where the tradition of making sparkling wines date back almost 5 centuries. Visit the cellar and descent to the dungeons where the wine is secretly kept for several years. Learn by the hand of an expert viticultor on wine production and grapes growing. Taste 3 varieties of local wines and cavas paired with traditional cheeses and cold meats while enjoying great views of the Catalan countryside with the Montserrat mountain at the background.
Hear about the process of producing cava at a family business that first produced it according to traditional methods in 1872, and by using grapes from the Penedès region.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in a private air-conditioned minivan between 8:00 AM and 9:00 AM
- Small-group tour with up to 8 guests
- Walking tour of Montserrat National Park
- Visit to Montserrat Monastery
- Montserrat’s Boys’ Choir (if available)
- Visit to a family run Premium Cava cellar of 1385
- Ticket to visit the Cava cellars and cava tasting (approximately €18)
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
• A minimum of 2 people is required
• Please check your email inbox for the specific pick-up time
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Please let the local partner know your children’s age to arrange the proper child seat (if applicable)