From Athens: Sailing and Hiking the Greek Cyclades
- Sail to 4 islands of the Cyclades and hike around scenic trails
- Swim in secluded beaches
- Stand up paddle through the turquoise waters of the Cyclades
- Meet like-minded travelers
- See where the locals go and enjoy the best Greek cuisine
Join the team at Lavrio port and board your sailing yacht. Receive a thorough briefing by your skipper covering all operational and life-on-board aspects of the trip before the wind guides you to the island of Kea. Fertile and green, Kea is hikers’ paradise, abundant with routes to beautiful, remote beaches. You should arrive just about the perfect time for a delectable dinner based on local specialties.
Day 2: Loutra, Kythnos
After a hearty breakfast, set out for an invigorating hike along ancient footpaths through flower-carpeted valleys and ancient ruins, walking in the footsteps of travelers who have been visiting Kea since the 17th century. Take a dip at one of Kea’s most beautiful beaches before setting off on a relaxing afternoon of sailing to the picturesque port of Loutra on Kythnos. Known for its natural warm springs, you will have the chance to experience them in all their glory.
Day 3: Syros
Enjoy a morning hike around the striking, arid countryside around Loutra in Kythnos, where you will discover hidden centuries-old castles, quaint whitewashed churches, and other sites while coming across farmers and shepherds who live off this dramatic landscape. After a refreshing dip and a light lunch, the voyage continues to sophisticated Syros, the stunning port of Foinikas. For those who wish, you will now be able to take a more hands-on approach to sailing as you test your skills against the elements.
Day 4: Syros
Start the day in Syros with a sun salutation to gather your energy for the day’s events, before setting out to the western part of Syros for another hike. For those who prefer to stay and relax in Foinikas, take a suggesting from an expert guide on how else to spend your time creatively. Explore the quaint pedestrianized streets of the buzzing Ermoupolis, with its grandiose 19th-century architecture and its maze of stairways. Savor local cuisine in some of the finest restaurants in the Cyclades and enjoy a cocktail in one of the local bars.
Day 5: Serifos
Set out for Serifos island early in the morning and discover an integral setting of Greek mythology. Mull over yarns of local legends whilst sipping a traditional Greek coffee and enjoying a local sweet at the sparkling port of Livadi. Later, take a fascinating walk to the island’s capital Chora and discover its narrow whitewashed alleys colored with the lush green, pink and purple of overflowing bougainvillea.
Day 6: Kolona, Kythnos
Return to the western side of Kythnos, where the gold-sanded beaches of Kolona edge a narrow bar connecting the main island of Kythnos to the islet of Agios Loukas. The amazing loop hike here leads you to a hilltop from where you can admire this unique natural phenomenon, which from up high looks much like a column standing-out from a cobalt blue background.
After this invigorating hike, breath in the Aegean Meltemi wind as you enjoy some serious relaxation at the beach. Unwind in a local tavern and share the myths of the past and future dreamed up with your co-sailors.
Day 7: Kythnos - Lavrio
Take your last swim on the Greek islands before setting sail on the last leg of your trip back to Lavrio port. Spend your final night with a few glasses of wine and dinner with your fellow friends and sailors.
Day 8: Trip End
Return to port, where an optional single timed transfer to the Athens International Airport is provided.
- Accommodation in double or twin bed cabin with en-suite bathroom
- 7 breakfasts on-board, 6 lunches on-board
- Guided hiking by expert guide in Kea, Kythnos and Syros
- 2 stand up paddle boards on-board
- 2 single timed transfers from/to Athens International Airport
- Travel insurance (required)
- Entrance tickets to cultural places of interest
- Miscellaneous expenses souvenirs etc.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pregnant women
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
Our driver will be at the Athens International Airport at 2:45 pm to drive you to Lavrio Port Marina A' (40km, 30-minute drive) where our yacht is docked. Our sailing trip departs at 4:00 pm. In case you have arrived on a previous day in Athens city, please arrange your own taxi transfer to Lavrio port Marina A' at 'Mikis Theodorakis' avenue. Our meeting point is at cafe 'Petrino' in Lavrio at 3.15pmOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• If you have arrived on a previous day in Athens please arrange your own travel to Lavrio port Marina A at Mikis Theodorakis avenue. Our meeting point is at cafe 'Petrino' in Lavrio at 3.15pm
• Our monohull sailing yachts are: Ocean Star 56.1 and 51.2. They are hand-built, top-quality, beautifully shaped from surface finish to deep under the skin, and reassuringly solid
• Yacht accommodation is in double or twin/bunk bed cabins with en-suite facilities, suitable both for couples and solo travelers
• Solo travellers of the same gender may share a twin bed or a double bed cabin depending on availability
• Group sizes will be a minimum of 2 guests and a maximum of 10