From Athens: Full-Day Rail Tour to Meteora
- Visit the hermit caves and the astonishing Meteora monasteries
- Admire the beauty of the countryside
- Enjoy a 5 hour tour with the locals
For 5 hours, you will have the time to explore three monasteries. Visit the thousand years old hermitages of Bandovas, learn the stories and the legends, and enjoy great views from the most panoramic spots. At the end of the day, your driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to stroll around and have a light lunch (not included). At 5:15 PM, the train will depart from Kalambaka and arrive back at 9:25 PM to Athens.
- English-speaking tour leader
- 5-hour tour of Meteora
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Free map
- Bottle of water
- Free Wi-Fi on-board the bus
- Roundtrip train tickets from Athens to Kalambaka
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the monasteries (3 EUR per person for each monastery)
- Transfer to the Athens railway station
- State licensed guide
- Personal travel insurance
When you get there
Catch the morning train to Kalambaka from Athens 'Larissa' Railway Station (ΣΤ.ΛΑΡΙΣΗΣ, Athens 104 37, Greece). The driver will be waiting for you at the Kalambaka train station holding a signboard with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
• You will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets sent to you via email.
• Your guide will meet you at Kalabaka train station after your train arrives at Kalampaka
• You will be sent the train tickets via email approximately one month before your trip date
• Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.