Athens: Acropolis Museum Entry Ticket with Phone Audio Tour
- Enter the Acropolis Museum with your pre-booked e-ticket and enjoy an audio tour on your smartphone
- Admire stunning exhibits, such as the Caryatids, the Parthenon's sculptural decoration and the votive offerings found on the slopes of the Acropolis
- Gain insight into the life and rituals of ancient Athenians
- Marvel at the iconic modern design of one of the world’s top museums
Learn about the architectural wonders of the Golden Age of Athens and admire some of the finest examples of ancient Greek art. As you enter the museum, see the impressive glass floor showcasing ruins of an ancient settlement buried below and gear yourself up for the first gallery, where you’ll get an insider’s view of everyday life in ancient Athens. Discover bygone wedding customs and ancient surgery practices as you gradually ascend to the next floor, where the exhibits will guide you through the riveting journey of the city’s transition to democracy. Weaving around monsters, heroes, gods and iconic representations of the human body, you’ll follow the evolution of ancient art.
Continuing to the third floor, get straight into the heart of the Parthenon and see the narrative of the Panathenaic Procession, pieced together on the frieze of the temple. Hear engrossing tales from Greek Mythology depicted on the metopes and pediments of the temple, such as the birth of goddess Athena and the battle of the Centaurs, will fire up your imagination.
Finally, your tour ends with the culminating age of Greek style, the classical period. Learn about some of the most famed artworks of Ancient Athens, including the iconic Caryatids, the curvaceous maidens who have witnessed the turbulent 2,500-year story of the Acropolis.
- Museum adult e-ticket
- Secure code to access the audio-guide-tour after downloading the app
- Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
- Offline content with an interactive map to avoid roaming charges
- Live guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Prepare for the activity
The self-guided audio tour starts at the entrance of the Acropolis Museum. The easiest way to get there is from the Acropolis metro station (Red Line). You will take the exit towards Makrigianni street and walk up the road until you reach Dionysiou Areopagitou, the pedestrianized street that runs below the Acropolis hill. You’ll turn left and walk about 150 meters.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Charged Smartphone
• If you book after 10:00 PM local time you will receive the ticket the next morning from 8.00 AM
• Please download your e-ticket AND audio tour on your phone prior to your visit to enjoy it offline. Please bring your own headphones
• The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation