Acropolis Guided Walking Tour with Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Experience the Athens Acropolis
- Visit famous monuments, such as the Parthenon and Temple of Athena Nike
- Get insights on Ancient Greece from a local guide
- Take in the breathtaking views of Athens from the summit of the Acropolis
- Learn new facts about sites such as Mars Hill, and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus
- Enjoy some free time to explore the Acropolis on your own
Head for the south slope of the Acropolis to avoid the main crowds. Then, pay your entrance fee and make your way inside to see the bounty of ancient treasures that await. Along the way, visit the Theatre of Dionysus, a 5th-century amphitheater that is often cited as the birthplace of the performing arts. Hear about its history and imagine it filled with the theatergoers of Ancient Greece.
Stop at the Dionysus Sanctuary, dedicated to the Greek god of wine and fertility. Once inside the Acropolis, get up-close to important sights, such as the Propylaea gateway, Erechtheion, Temple of Athena Nike, and Parthenon. Pause to take photos of these fascinating ruins, and learn their history from your guide.
Once at the summit of the sacred hill, take in the sweeping panoramas of Athens. Learn about the excavations, and get an insight into the citadel’s ruins. Hear about surrounding monuments, such as Mars Hill and the Odeon of Herodes Atticus.
Your tour concludes at the summit of the Acropolis, leaving you free to continue exploring the site on your own. You can choose between an early morning, morning or afternoon guided tour.
- Skip-the-line entry to the Acropolis
- Local, licensed guide
- 1.5-hour guided walking tour
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fee to the Acropolis (can be booked as an option at extra cost)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional; usually 10%)
When you get there
Fresko Yogurt Bar, 3 Dionyssiou Areopagitou Street (at the beginning of the pedestrian walkway from Hadrian's Arch to the Acropolis). Your guide will be holding an orange colored sign. Please be at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of your tourOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• Please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
• The tours take place in all weather conditions, rain or shine
• If you are a student, or under 17 years old, you are entitled to reduced entrance fees, however you must show a valid ID/student ID
• Please have in mind that baby strollers are not allowed on the Acropolis archaeological site and that there is no cloakroom at the side entrance we use to enter. For your own convenience, it is recommended to use a baby pouch instead of a baby stroller