From Amsterdam: Small Group Zaanse Schans and Volendam Tour
Pick-up includedFill in your hotel name and address for pick up.
- Listen to live and interesting commentary
- Experience the open-air museum of Zaanse Schans with its traditional houses, windmills, cheese factory and clog workshops
- Visit the well-preserved fishing village Volendam to get close to the sea
- Get a glimpse of everything typically Dutch
Your typical Dutch experience begins with the Zaanse Schans windmill village. You can see the clog makers at work in the workshop, and learn about the history of wooden shoes in the museum. Following this you will experience a cheese factory demonstration where staff will be dressed in traditional Dutch costumes. You can buy beautiful souvenirs in a wide variety of outlets from cheese, wooden shoes, delft blue pottery, to local handcrafted items. Do not miss your chance to have your picture taken in the giant wooden shoe!
Following this, you will arrive in Volendam at around noon. Here you will begin a guided walking tour to explore the charming seaside village. You can stroll along a walkway adjacent to the old port area, visit local vendors for authentic Dutch treats, experience seafood from the region, and sample cheese, waffles and pancakes. You will also have the opportunity here to dress up in an authentic local costume!
- Hotel pick-up
- Transportation by 9-Seater van
- Friendly and professional guides