Alnwick Castle and Scottish Borders Tour from Edinburgh
- Visit the town of Kelso with a ruined abbey, cobbled town square, and beautiful boutique shops
- Cross the Border into England along the route that was used by cattle thieves
- Explore Alnwick Castle, famous for its role in the Harry Potter movies
- Take in the views of the captivating Northumberland Coastline
- Learn about the history of the wars between the Scots and the English
Follow the ancient Roman Dere Street that connected Scottish Caledonia with Roman Britannia through the Scottish Borders. Stop at the charming town of Melrose, home to the remains of the Cistercian Abbey and the burial place of the heart of Scottish king Robert the Bruce.
Cross the border and travel to thousand-year-old Alnwick Castle, one of the great castles of Northumberland. Originally built to protect the north of England from Scottish Border Reivers and invaders, more recently Alnwick Castle and its perfectly manicured gardens have found fame as one of the settings for the fictional Hogwarts School in the Harry Potter movie series.
After around 3 hours at Alnwick, travel north along the stunning Northumberland Coast. You stop on your way back to Edinburgh at one of the beautiful historic villages or castles that pepper the rolling landscapes of Southern Scotland.
- Transportation by deluxe, air-conditioned mini coach
- Local driver/guide
- Lunch and refreshments
- Entrance fees to attractions
- Optional activity costs
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
• Minimum age to participate is 5 years
• You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items