From Aix en Provence: Full-Day Discovery Tour of Provence
- See the imposing castle ruins in Les Baux de Provence
- Marvel at the majestic Pont du Gard, an aqueduct dating from Roman times
- Enjoy wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- Visit the Popes' Palace and the renowned Saint-Benezet Bridge (ticket not included)
- Spend free time in Avignon and grab lunch at a local cafe
See the Pont du Gard, a fascinating UNESCO World Heritage site that is the best-preserved part of the Nîmes aqueduct. Designed by architects and engineers during the Roman era, it is considered a technical and artistic masterpiece.
You’ll continue on to Avignon, the 14th century City of the Popes. See the medieval walls, the Pont d’Avignon that crosses the Rhone River, and the Popes’ Palace, which is the largest Gothic palace in Europe. (Note that entrance fees are not included.)
Next on your itinerary is a visit to Châteauneuf-du-Pape, surrounded by its world-famous vineyards. Wine tasting at one of the numerous cellars is included.
Please note that you’ll have free time for lunch on your own during the tour, and that the cost of lunch is not included in the tour price.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minibus
- Entrance fees to Pont du Gard
- Wine tasting in Châteauneuf-du-Pape
- English-speaking driver/guide service
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Personal expenses