From Adelaide: 2-Day Kangaroo Island Tour by Ferry & Coach
- Visit a range of cottage industries, including Island Pure Sheep Dairy and Island Beehive
- Sample award-winning spirits and wines at Kangaroo Island Spirits and Dudley Winery
- Experience the sunset over the majestic Remarkable Rocks with a glass of bubbles
- Take in the famous natural wonders of the island
- Enjoy 5 meals showcasing the exceptional food and wine produced locally
On an early morning scenic coach transfer to Cape Jervis, take in the picturesque Fleurieu Peninsula with its vineyards, coastal views and rolling hills. On arrival, board a ferry for the 45 minute crossing to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island, and join your luxury coach with a local driver/ guide for your food, wine and natural wonders tour of South Australia’s premier tourism destination. Catch a glimpse of life at Island Pure Sheep Dairy, meet the “girls,” learn about the production, enjoy morning the tea and most importantly, taste some of the world-class cheeses and yoghurts made from 100% ewe’s milk. Next, it is on to Kangaroo Island Spirits , a boutique distillery specializing in handcrafted premium Australian Spirits. Taste their gins, vodkas and liqueurs, made using native Australian botanicals and locally grown or sourced ingredients. Lunch will be a delicious two-course meal at the Zone Restaurant, located on the Kingscote Foreshore with stunning views overlooking Nepean Bay, before heading on to the Bay of Shoals Winery. Sample a selection from their great range of award-winning wines whilst taking in the magnificent views over the vineyards and the Bay of Shoals. Learn about the successful local honey industry and taste the honey flavors produced on Island Beehive. Then, it's on to the western end of the island and Flinders Chase National Park. Enjoy a glass of sparkling wine (or juice) as you take in the sunset over Remarkable Rocks. Relax or just stroll around these huge, weird and wonderfully shaped rocks, before traveling to Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat, where you will enjoy a two-course dinner with the group before retiring to your room.
After breakfast, enjoy breathtaking views of Yacca Flat and coastal scenery as you are taken to the rugged southern coastline for a walk around Admirals Arch and Remarkable Rocks. Watch the fierce ocean swells at Admirals Arch, a spectacular arch and natural nursery for playful long-nosed fur seals that can be seen swimming and playing in the waves, or resting on the rocks. Then, it’s back to Remarkable Rocks, where you can take contrasting day time photos of the majestic granite boulders and stunning sea views. Stop at the Chase Café, where there will be time to buy some morning tea before continuing on to Kelly Hill Conservation Park, and its maze of surprising caves. Sinkholes and caverns will lead to caves of ornate calcite formations, and a national park ranger will escort you underground to explore the largest cave.
Sample some of the Island’s prized freshwater crayfish as part of your two-course lunch at the Marron Café at Andermel. Then, have an amazing experience at Raptor Domain, where the birds are flown to display their individual flight and hunting characteristics during the in-flight birds of prey display. See a variety of birds including wedge-tailed eagles, osprey, sea eagles, Australian kestrel, tawny frogmouths and barn owls. Depending on the time, you may stop at Pennington Bay, where you can get some magnificent photos of the stunning bay before heading to Sunset Food & Wine for dinner. Enjoy elevated 180 degree sea views of the Eastern Cove and beyond as you relax with a glass of wine and your mouth-watering two-course dinner, featuring local and regional produce. After dinner, return to the Penneshaw Terminal for your ferry and coach transfer back to Adelaide, and reminisce over your two amazing days of spoiling your senses on Kangaroo Island.
NOTE: From May to August, the 2 course dinner will be at Penny's Restaurant at the Penneshaw Hotel.
- Morning pick-up and evening set down at selected Adelaide CBD and Glenelg hotels
- Return coach and ferry transfers to Kangaroo Island
- 2-days of small coach touring with expert commentary by a local guide/ driver (20 passengers only)
- Morning tea, tour and tastings at Island Pure Sheep Dairy
- Tastings at Kangaroo Island Spirits
- Two-course lunch at Zone Restaurant, Kingscote
- Wine tastings at Bay of Shoals Winery
- Tour and tastings at Island Beehive
- Glass of sparkling wine (juice) at sunset at Remarkable Rocks
- Flinders Chase National Park including Remarkable Rocks and Admirals Arch
- Guided tour at Kelly Hill Caves
- Two-course lunch at The Marron Cafe at Andermel
- Birds of prey in-flight display at Raptor Domain
- Two-course dinner at Sunset Food & Wine
- Overnight accommodation at Kangaroo Island Wilderness Retreat including two-course dinner and continental breakfast
- Drinks with your meals
Prepare for the activity
A courtesy pick-up service is provided from selected Adelaide CBD hostels and hotels. Please call the local team at 1300 655 990, at least 2-days prior to your tour commencing to notify your accommodation location. Otherwise, please meet at the Adelaide Central Bus Station, 85 Franklin Street Adelaide at 06.30 to check-in for your tour. The tour will begin at 06:45 sharp.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• A vegetarian or special dietary options are available, please advise at time of booking if required
• This tour does not operate on Christmas Day
• This tour operates all year around. The Australian winter (May to October) is the best time to visit if you want to see more wildlife