Bushwalk, Wine and Barbecue Eco Tour
- Explore one of Adelaide’s most scenic National Parks with an experienced and passionate local guide
- See many native animals within their natural environment including amazing birdlife and wild koalas among the gum trees
- Taste award winning South Australian wine while relaxing over an Aussie barbecue with native ingredients and spices
Morialta is the best place in Adelaide where you can see koalas in the wild. It offers a unique biodiversity where many native fauna can be spotted including the occasional kangaroo or echidna. The creeks, rock pools and the higher slopes of the Gorge offer a perfect habitat to several species of frogs and small lizards such as geckos, skinks and dragons. Listen to the sounds and observe the many native birds such as the Superb Fairy-wren, rare Golden Whistler, Rainbow Lorikeet and the iconic Laughing Kookaburra. Use the supplied binoculars and see how many species you can discover. In winter and spring the park is abundant with native wildflowers including many delicate and colourful orchid species.
Savour an Aussie BBQ with native spices - after working up an appetite arrive to your private outdoor dining location set among the gum trees. Enjoy a glass of handcrafted cool climate wine grown locally in the picturesque Adelaide Hills. Then, relax over an Aussie barbecue and discover native ingredients and spices – a perfect way to end your eco-adventure!
- Return transport including hotel pick-up / drop-off
- Fully guided by experienced guide
- Bottled spring water
- Morning tea
- Barbecue lunch
- Glass of wine
Prepare for the activity
Main Departure Time / Location: 08:00 AM – from the pureSA office located at 111 Franklin Street Adelaide (directly across from the Adelaide Central Bus Station) Please arrive 10 minutes early to allow time for check in. Alternate Pickup Locations – selected City accommodation pickup available upon request. Hotel pickup is scheduled between 7:40 AM – 7:50 AM, please be ready a few minutes prior to thisOpen in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour has a minimum age requirement of 12
• Please advise any dietary restrictions