Go under the streets of Edinburgh's Royal Mile to hear terrifying ghost stories on a 75-minute tour of the Auld Reekie. See the infamous stone circle vault, and a horrifying torture exhibition. Wander the wynds and closes off the Royal Mile above ground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is at the tourist Information and Edinburgh Dungeons Ticket Booth, outside of the Bank of Scotland. 300 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PH. This meeting point is across the road from Deacon Brodie's Tavern. Please arrive 5 minutes before the start time of the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
Know before you go
- Please note that these vaults can cause genuine stress. They are dark and claustrophobic, even before the stories start.
- The tour is for over 18s only. Under 18s may be refused entry
- Entrance to the vaults is by a 2-foot-tall step. May not be suitable for those with limited mobility.