Venture underneath Edinburgh's Royal Mile for terrifying ghost stories on this guided tour of the city's underground which includes the Edinburgh Vaults, stone circle vault, and a torture exhibition.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 75 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the Tourist Information Ticket Booth/Police Box. This is located outside of the Bank of Scotland, which is on the opposite side of the road to Deacon Brodie's Tavern.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- The experience offered may be distressing to some
- Entrance to the vaults is by a 2-foot-tall step and may not be suitable for those with limited mobility.
- Single floor spiral staircase at entrance/exit of vaults and further small sections of stairs inside.
- Please do not arrive late as the guide will not wait for latecomers