Hike up the Drakensberg to the site considered the Rosetta Stone of SAN (Bushman) rock art. Unlock this mysterious place with an expert anthropologist. Trek on through the Midlands Meander, and visit Ardmore Ceramics and the Nelson Mandela Capture Site.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 13 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Please wait in your hotel or guesthouse lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time.
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Comfortable clothes
- Touching the exhibits
Know before you go
- Please note: while this hike only requires a basic level of fitness, travelers with mobility issues will not be able to complete it. It is a hike that will push you and can test you at times as it goes from 1,500 meters (4,921 feet) above sea level to 2,200 meters (7,218 feet) above sea level. A couple of rest breaks are taken during the hike and the hike is conducted at a pace that suits the group. Please respect the fact that you will be hiking with travelers of varying levels of fitness
- Hotel pickup and drop-off are available in Durban Central, Durban North, Durban Beach, Durban, La Lucia, Umhlanga, Dolphin Coast, Tongaat, Salt Rock, and Umdloti
- This tour will not take place in heavy rain