Enter the Old Library at Trinity College Dublin to see the illuminated manuscript of the Book of Kells. Learn about its dense symbolism and rich ornamentation. Then, explore the grounds and gardens of Dublin Castle, former seat of British rule in Ireland.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide at the main gate to Trinity College, College Green, Dublin 2Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves considerable walking, including over uneven surfaces, inclines, declines, and stairs
- Tour operates in all weather conditions
- All participants should be in good health; consult your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise
- Wheelchairs, motorized scooters, or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as all footpaths and curbs may not will have suitable ramps
- Please inform the tour partner of any physical disabilities or limitations so they can determine the appropriateness of the tour
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult
- Changes or cancellations requested less than 24 hours before the tour departure time are not possible.
- Minimum numbers apply - there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation
- From November 4, 2019 to early March 2020, the Book of Kells will be replaced with the only approved Fine Arts version; all other aspects of the tour remain unchanged