This full-day Rainbow Mountain and Red Valley hike is for people who want to see the spectacular colorful landscapes surrounding Ausangate Mountain. During the day tour you will have opportunities at different lookouts to stop and take amazing pictures.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10 - 12 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pick-up available at downtown hotels in Cusco. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address and phone number), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by. Our guide or transfer can take 10-15 minutes to find your place.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Travel insurance
- Rain gear
- Hiking shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Red Valley is an optional way back to your starting spot. You’ll do this part of the trek by yourself after getting recommendations from your guide (not suitable for people who can't handle high altitudes). Please tell the guide if you wish to go.
- Red valley is only available from the lookout
- Climb 1.9 miles (3.5 km) to reach the top of Rainbow Mountain
- Bring an extra warm sweater, jacket, hat, and gloves
- If for any reason you need to rent a horse, the local partner doesn't manage these rentals and won't be involved in the process
- Sunglasses are mandatory to use throughout the hike
- The local partner is not responsible for the change of weather conditions during your tour; choose the best day of departure based on research
- The dirt road is not in the best conditions; the drive can produce altitude sickness. It's recommended to bring personal medicine or altitude pills
- Everyone walks at different speeds. The guide will be in different parts assisting the group