Get back to nature on a 2-hour and approximately 6-kilometer hike in the Rainbow Mountains and look for local wildlife on a full-day tour from Cusco. Encounter endless extraordinary landscapes with a knowledgeable guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 12 hours
- Starting time 4:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
- Pickup included
- Please provide your hotel’s name and address in Cusco center. Please indicate if you are staying at a private accommodation (with address), you will then be provided with a meeting point close by.
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
- Hike in the spectacular Rainbow Mountains
- Look for exotic wildlife in their natural habitat
- Trek with like-minded travelers to a magnificent viewpoint
- Hotel pickup (within the historic center of Cusco only)
- Buffet lunch
- First aid
- Entrance ticket
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- People with heart problems
- Wheelchair users
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers must bring their own headphones
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- This activity includes a considerable amount of walking at high altitude. Horses are available to be rented for part of the trip to help you up the mountain. Please note that the local partner does not offer this service, it must be arranged privately. Horses will take you to 200 meters from the top, then you will finish the climb. Price: 70 to 90 Soles, round-trip, cash only.
- The total walk up and down the mountain takes about 3 hours.
- The trek is mostly flat, except for the ascent to the top, where it is very steep.
- Please note that due to the remoteness of the places, meals may be very simple. Both are offered as a courtesy as there are very limited options. Please do not expect luxury.