Explore the ruins of the glorious ancient capital of Polonnaruwa. Observe the ancient Buddhist shrines, old Buddha statues, and ruins of the ancient palaces within the ancient kingdom.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- You must bring a current valid passport
- This trip is not recommended for those with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
- Please note that a moderate amount of walking is involved
- It is recommended to wear comfortable walking shoes
- You must remove your footwear and hat and cover your shoulders and knees when you visit a Buddhist or Hindu temple
- Please note that the duration of transfers are approximate and the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Please note the trip is subject to favorable weather conditions and if it is canceled due to poor weather you will be able to attend on another date