See all the highlights of Rome all in one day, in this private tour with a licensed guide. Marvel at the ancient architecture of the Sistine Chapel, St Peter's Basilica, the Colosseum and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian, Spanish, German
- Pickup included
- Pickup is offered from hotels, apartments, and other accommodations located in the city center of Civitavecchia. Pickup will be around 7:30 AM, but there could be a 5-10 minute wait due to the traffic conditions. If choosing pickup from Civitavecchia Port, meet your driver at Largo della Pace (the port's information point) at the terminal cruise shuttle bus area. This is the last stop of the port's free shuttle bus that picks up you from the boat. From the shuttle bus drop-off area, exit from the port and your driver will be waiting for you just outside the exit holding a sign with your name on it.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Please bring a valid form of ID/ passport, as visitors may be asked for security reasons
- Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will explain the Colosseum from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure.
- Please bring no liquids, gels or sprays
- Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In this case, your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside
- Please ensure that knees and shoulders are covered. Sandals are allowed