Make the most of your cruise stop in Civitavecchia and enjoy this fun-filled day trip to Rome to explore the ancient history of the iconic Colosseum and the Roman Forum.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 7 - 7.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Hungarian, Italian, Spanish, German
- Pickup included
- • Pickup service from Civitavecchia area and Civitavecchia port • Pickup from Civitavecchia area: please include in your reservation the accommodation name and its address. Pickup time will be approximately 08.00 AM, although due to the traffic conditions, you may have to wait 5–10 minutes more • Pickup from Civitavecchia Port: Largo della Pace. Terminal Cruise Shuttle Bus. It is the meeting point and last stop of the port free shuttle bus (that picks up you from the boat). From the shuttle bus drop-off area, exit from the port; we'll wait for you just outside the exit holding a sign with your name on it at 08.15 AM.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- The tour can be changed without notice due to weather and traffic
- Visitors could be asked for an ID/Passport for security reasons, please make sure you have a valid one with you. Due to recent terrorist threats, Rome has increased Colosseum security which may result in long, unavoidable security check lines. In the case of very long security lines, the guide will explain the Colosseum from the outside, allowing clients to enter at their leisure. No Liquids, Gels, Sprays allowed inside the Colosseum
- Tours of the Basilica are not permitted on Wednesday mornings or when special papal ceremonies are taking place. In these cases, your guide will take you to St. Peter’s square and explain it from the outside
- A security check is obligatory for everyone entering Vatican City