8. Aveiro: All-in-One Guided Walking Tour
Ready to have an amazing time? Let's embark on my "Aveiro All-in-One Walking Tour" to explore the unique, romantic, salty and sweet Aveiro city. Some call it the Venice of Portugal, the capital of Art Nouveau in Portugal, or probably the most romantic place in Portugal. Well, there is some truth to it but there is much more than that.
What makes this tour unique is that it's a blend of history, art, devotion, passion, deceit, tragedy, salt, and sweet. After living my life here and spending several years deeply studying Aveiro and what makes it special, I want to share with you what I've found and what you can't easily see out there.
Our tour takes place in downtown/old town city centre area where we will see the main places but we will also go a bit beyond that to uncover the non-obvious, thus this is just not a touristic tour. It's something that I hope you can learn more from.
During our tour we will:
• Find more about Princess Johanna and the São Gonçalinho worship and the popular tradition that brings thousands to Aveiro
• Remember forgotten heroes of the past and how they serve as all for inspiration for the future
• Learn about the tasty "ovos moles" dessert and why *everyone* loves them
• See some impressive tiles
• Learn more about some impressive stories
• Play some "games" / answer some challenges
• Find great places for amazing photos!
At the end I will provide tailored recommendations for you, depending on your available time and goals, so you can explore, learn, and experience more by yourself!
So, get ready to walk and don't miss the opportunity to know more beyond the obvious, in a fun, relaxed way!
Note: our tour starts next to the José Estevão monument in the "Praça da República" (Republic Plaza). I will be wearing a blue and red sport jacket and a tour guide badge with my name.