Ever heard of the Marine Big 5? Gansbaai, South Africa is the best location for spotting whales, seals, sharks, dolphins and penguins all in a single trip. Learn all about these animals, conservation efforts and how you can contribute!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 - 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- German, Italian
- Pickup optional
- Your hotel in Hermanus. Pickup time will be confirmed the afternoon before the trip, after a detailed weather check has been done. Please wait in your hotel lobby.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Meet at The Great White House in Kleinbaai, 5 Geelbek St, Van Dyks Bay, 7220, South Africa. The meeting time will be confirmed the day before your trip.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Face mask or protective covering
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- All ages are welcome on the vessels. Should you have kids under 5, please contact the supplier directly to amend your booking accordingly. Kids 1 to 4 years old are free of charge.
- Both the welcome facility and whale watch vessel are wheelchair friendly
- The vessel can accommodate 2 wheelchairs per trip
- If you are prone to motion sickness, it's recommended that you use anti-seasickness medication starting the day before the trip
- Please bring warm clothes as it colder on sea than land
- Please bring along sunscreen and a hat
- This is a full-day activity with a duration of up to 8 hours, sometimes even longer
- This is a weather dependent activity and sightings are not guaranteed
- Starting times mentioned are subject to change daily and only used as indication
- Exact pickup time can only be confirmed the afternoon before the trip after a detailed weather check has been done - guests will be contacted
- The scenic drive from Cape Town to Gansbaai is 2.5 hours one-way