Embark on a 3-hour tour with a historian that considers the 300 year evolution of Berlin from Prussia’ s cultural capital, to the bustling 19th century seat of the Germany’ s Emperors, to the dark epicenter of the Nazi and Cold War eras to its present.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German
- Private or small groups available
- Receive an introduction to Germany’ s capital city exploring iconic landmarks from Berlin’ s Prussian past, from the Nazi and Cold War eras
- Discover how Prussia’ s violent transformation into Europe’ s dominant military power set the stage for the great tragedies of German nationalism
- Follow the path where the Berlin Wall once stood
- Take in the dramatic new Holocaust Memorial and the Reichstag with its newly renovated and symbolically transparent cupola
- Track the footsteps of Napoleon through the Brandenburg Gate
- Traversing the Unter den Linden, Berlin’ s royal boulevard lined with palaces, museums and theaters
- 3-hour tour of Berlin in the company of a historian
- Transport ticket
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Cafe Einstein, Unter den Linden 42, 10117 Berlin, GermanyOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Your tour guides are professors, doctoral students, historians, journalists, art critics, and published authors.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- You will need to use public transport one or twice, because the distances between some key sites would be too far to walk. If you do not have a Berlin metro pass, your guide will help you to purchase tickets in the first metro station.
- Berlin Transit One Way Tarif AB Ticket: 2,8 EUR, Senior Discount 1,70 EUR
- Berlin Transit Day Ticket: 7 EUR, Senior Discount 4,70 EUR