Spend the day in the scenic wilderness of the Furnas Valley and discover the easternmost of the 3 active central volcanoes on the island of São Miguel in the Azores. Sample the famous local stew of "cozido na caldeira" cooked in the volcanic soil.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Pick-up from your hotel, hostel or other accommodation in Ponta Delgada.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Electric wheelchairs
Know before you go
- Vegetarian options are available on request
- All pick-ups from hotels, hostels and other accommodations in the Ponta Delgada area are free of charge and start at 09:00. Pick-ups from outside the Ponta Delgada area are subject to an additional charge of €20 per person