Canyoning is a fun and adventurous way to experience the outdoors, see beautiful landscapes, and create memories that will last a lifetime. Throughout this tour, travel downstream using different techniques including slides, rappels, and small jumps.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- English, Portuguese
- Pickup optional
- We offer a pickup service depending on week days and available options. Please consider the areas of Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa and Ribeira Grande. For other areas please contact the local partner. The pickup time is usually at 8:00AM.
Select participants and date
Meet at the parking lot of Parque Natural da Ribeira dos Caldeirões, at around 9:00 AM in summer time (April – October) and 9:30 AM in winter time (November – March). you'll find a waterfall by the road.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Hair tie
- Reusable water bottle
Know before you go
- This canyoning excursion is suitable for participants of all skill levels
- The local partner offers pickup service from Ponta Delgada, Capelas, Caloura, Lagoa, and Ribeira Grande
- A good level of physical fitness is required for this tour
- It is recommended that you are in good physical shape as this tour includes some walking on unstable terrain, muddy slopes, and small uphill and downhill scrambles. However, you don’t need to know how to swim. Your health and safety is the highest priority and so we do not recommend this tour for persons exceeding 265 lbs (120kg)