Visit the Auckland Museum to learn the story of New Zealand and to discover its cultural heritage.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Host or greeter
- English, Maori
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Grand Foyer - North EntranceOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The Auckland War Memorial Museum is open daily from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- The museum is closed on Christmas
- The museum is open following the Dawn Service on Anzac Day
- Wheelchairs are available if needed but cannot be booked or reserved ahead of time
- The museum offers 2 levels of secure parking, or you can park in the Auckland Domain for free for 3 hours
- The museum is a 30-minute walk or a 5-minute drive from the city
- You can take public transport with the Inner LINK bus nearby Parnell Road every 10 minutes on weekdays and 15 minutes on weekends
- General Admission is free for Auckland Residents and New Zealand Visitors.