Embark on a day trip by train to Meteora from Athens and explore the monasteries and rock formations. Discover untold tales within the monasteries while enjoying audio commentary on your phone.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
- Small group available
Select participants and date
Enter the Athens Railway Station, demonstrate your train ticket and following the staff's instructions, find your train and board.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- The train departs from Athens at 8:28 AM and arrives at 1:00 PM. The return trip from Kalabaka is at 5:45 PM with arrival in Athens at 10:00 PM
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women