Discover one of the world’s most popular UNESCO sites on a day trip to Meteora. Explore magnificent monasteries, see ancient hermit caves, enjoy panoramic views and taste a traditional Greek lunch.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Make your way to the Central Railway Station in Athens (Stathmos Larisis) and take the morning 7:57 AM train to Kalambaka on your own using the train e-tickets that will be delivered to you via email after your booking. Your guide will welcome you at Kalambaka's train station holding a signboard with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- It is highly recommended to have some light snacks with you so you can enjoy them during the train ride or/and your Meteora tour
- Lunch time will be after the Meteora tour because it requires some physical effort to visit the monasteries and it is not recommended to do it after eating
- The monasteries of Meteora impose a dress code in order to enter inside. Men must wear long trousers and women must wear long skirts and cover their shoulders. (Skirts are also available for purchase in the entrance of the monasteries. A long scarf wrapped around the waist is also sufficient to enter the monasteries)
- The monasteries of Meteora only accept cash for the entrance fees