Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora monasteries with this amazing full-day rail tour. Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 14 hours - 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Russian, Greek, Romanian, Spanish
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- To enter the monasteries, appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- You will board the train from Athens on your own, using the tickets sent to you via email.
- Your guide will meet you at Kalambaka train station after your train arrives
- You will be sent the train tickets via email approximately one month before your trip date
- Please be at the station at least 30 minutes before the departure in order to have plenty of time to find your coach and seats. The stewards there will assist you.