1. Archaeological Museum of Krakow Entrance Ticket
In the 19th century, the building changed its function completely. The Austrians, who were stationed in Krakow at that time, established a prison here. Paradoxically, the place inherited the name of the monastery and became known as the prison of St. Michael. It was closed down after WWII, and the Archaeological Museum was established here. The most famous attraction is the statue of Światowid – a pagan god with four faces from the 9th and 10th century, which was discovered in 1848 in Zbrucz. The Musuem also has 2 additional branches: One is The Church of St. Wojciech located on Krakow's Main square. In the basement of the church, the Archaeological Museum in Krakow has prepared an exhibition whose aim is to present the history of the Main Square, the church of St. Wojciech and the patron of the temple - Saint. Wojciech. The exhibition allows visitors to see, among others: traces of wooden floors and stone floors inside the church and Romanesque walls made of broken stones and limestone cubes. Second branch is in Nowa Huta-Branice. From the beginning of its existence, the Branch of the Archaeological Museum in Krakow has been inextricably linked with the Nowa Huta district and the metallurgical plant. Numerous archaeological discoveries were made already in 1949, when the first construction works began.