Travel to the Bethany Beyond the Jordan Baptism Site,known as El-Maghtas,and tour the riverbanks and ruins of ancient churches,wells,and baptismal pool.Upgrade to visit the lesser known Iraq Al- Amir.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- At your accommodation in Amman. Our driver will be waiting for you at hotel lobby, if you have a room number please let us know.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Please note that the Bethany on this tour should not be confused with Bethany in Jerusalem, where it is believed that Mary Magdalene lived and Lazarus rose from the dead
- Pickup and drop-off at Amman Queen Alia International Airport is available upon request
- If you hold a Jordan Pass the entrance fees will be refunded at the site
- Please note that most local tourist restaurants in Jordan are non-alcoholic
- Local SIM cards and Wi-Fi are available upon request at an additional charge of approximately $20 (USD)
- The tour is in English but is available in Spanish or French upon request