Embark on a 2-hour award-winning nature cruise packed with spectacular highlights! Marvel at the rare Hector's Dolphin, native to New Zealand, as well as penguins, seals and birds as you cruise around an extinct volcanic crater.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Main Wharf, Akaroa, New Zealand. Akaroa is located around 80 to 90-minutes drive from Christchurch city and Christchurch International airport. It is an easy drive in a car through New Zealand farmland and then over the stunning Banks Peninsula hills to Akaroa. Cruise ship passengers will disembark directly onto the main wharf in Akaroa.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The vessels are suitable for families and for young children as they are equipped with high rails. Children are to be supervised at all times both for their own safety and for the enjoyment of the other people on board
- Passengers in wheelchairs are welcome aboard with able body companions. Proper ramps enable you to get on and off the catamaran with ease. Note that the toilets on board are not wheelchair friendly
- Wear warm clothing as even on warm days, there may be a cool sea breeze blowing
- Bring your camera plus sunscreen and a hat, even if it’s cloudy